IATF 16949 Automotive Quality Management System
ISO/TS 16949 was first developed by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) in conjunction with ISO’s technical committee for quality management, ISO/TC 176. As a result, ISO/TS 16949 integrated with ISO 9001 by including specific requirements from the automotive sector.
IATF 16949:2016 (replaces ISO/TS 16949:2009) is a standard that establishes the requirements for a Quality Management System (QMS), specifically for the automotive sector.
It can be applied throughout the automotive supply chain. It is applicable to sites of the organization where customer-specified parts, for production and/or service, are manufactured.
IATF 16949:2016 is an independent QMS standard that is fully aligned with the structure and requirements of ISO 9001:2015. Therefore, the IATF 16949 cannot be implemented alone as a stand-alone document, but must be implemented as a supplement and in conjunction with ISO 9001:2015.
The standard is based on seven Quality Management Principles, including a strong customer focus, the motivation and implication of top management, the process approach and continual improvement.
These Quality Management Principles are defined as follows:
- Customer focus
- Engagement of people
- Process approach
- Evidence-based decision making
- Relationship management
Prinsip Mahir can help your organization:
- To provide consultancy in obtaining initial IATF 16949 certification by applying our knowledge to your unique circumstances. We begin by observing the current state of your process, carry out gap analysis, propose a strategic planning and provide technical execution.
- To provide effective training to assist organizations develop their workforce and keep at a competitive advantage. Gain the knowledge needed to achieve your quality goals will improve the efficiency of your process and reduce wasted time and needless expenses.
- To assist in carry out 1st party audit i.e. internal audit in ensuring competencies of the Internal Auditor. Some organizations may not always have experienced individuals capable of leading the internal audit and lack adequate resources to support a full-time audit staff. Planning and implementation of an effective 1st Party Audit process can have a significant impact on quality, process control, and developing a culture of continuous improvement.
- To provide annual maintenance program in maintaining an existing system of IATF 16949 certification. This will be ensuring product safety requirements are always met and reduced number of operational process defects.