|ISO 22000 / FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System (FSMS)
ISO 22000 is a standard developed by the International Organization for Standardization dealing with food safety. There has been a continuous increase in consumer demand for safe food. This has led to the development of numerous food safety standards such as this ISO 22000, CODEX HACCP, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Housekeeping Practices, Good Distribution Practices, Good Laboratory Practices and Good Agriculture Practices.
Food safety is linked to the presence of food-borne hazards in food at the point of consumption. Since food safety hazards can occur at any stage in the food chain, it is essential that adequate control be in place. Thus food safety is a joint responsibility that is principally assured through the combined efforts of all the parties participating in the food chain.
ISO 22000 may therefore apply to, and not be limited to: -
- Primary food producers through to food manufacturers, including food processors
- Retail and food service outlets
- Feed producers
- Transport operators and storage operators
- Producers of equipment and packaging material
- Producers of cleaning agents, additives and ingredients
Key emphasis of ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System:
ISO 22000:2018 works preventively to reduce the contaminated food by helping food organizations implement food safety management systems that defend against the potential hazards and risks that lead to contamination. ISO 22000 emphasized on Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle to manage business risk with Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) principles. It integrates the HACCP principles of the system and combined with the prerequisite programmes (PRP).
Prinsip Mahir can help your organization:
- To improve your company overall performance in food safety to consistently produce safe foods, products and services that meet customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- To have a better system implementing the standard in identifying, controlling of food safety hazards and addressing risks associated with its objectives.
- To provide guidance to carry out assessment for food defense and food fraud, to develop plan to mitigate the risks.
- To train and support your staff to continually conform to FSMS requirements and maintain your company ISO 22000 certification.
- To provide guidance to integrate your food safety management system with other ISO management systems such as ISO 9001 and FSSC 22000.
- To provide consultancy and training in FSSC 22000, a certification scheme for food and feed safety/quality management systems in compliance with ISO 22000/9001 requirements, sector specific Prerequisite Program (PRPs) requirements and additional Scheme requirements such as food defense, food fraud, allergen management, labelling and etc.
- To fully support you towards FSSC 22000 certification by GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) recognized Certification Bodies.